After purchase, you should receive an email containing a link to download the theme .zip file. If you did not receive that email, check your spam folder. You can also visit the My Account page and your download is listed in the Downloads section.
Note: The Equity framework must be installed prior to activating the Stately theme. If you have not done this already then you can follow this article.
- Log in to your WordPress site
- Hover over the “Appearance” link in the left sidebar until its sub-menu is revealed
- In the sub-menu of “Appearance” click “Themes”
- At the top of the page click the “Add New” button
- At the top, click the “Upload Theme” button
- Click “choose file” and select the
stately.zipfile you downloaded after purchasing the theme
- Click install now, then click “Activate”
Importing Sample Content
Importing sample content is optional, but may help you understand where things should go. To import sample content including posts, pages, menu items and widgets, you’ll need to extract the theme zip file to your computer. In the folder that is extracted there is a “demo” folder and within that folder are two separate files. One for sample content and the other for widgets.
Importing the XML file
- content.xml is located within the demo folder once extracting the theme
- Hover over the “Tools” link on the left sidebar to reveal its sub-menu
- Click “Import” in the sub-menu of “Tools”
- Look for WordPress at the bottom and click Install Now.
- Click Run Importer
- Click “Choose file”
- Select the XML file from within the demo folder called “content”
- Click “Upload file and import”
- Select an existing author for “import author”
- Check the box under “Import Attachments” to “Download and import file attachments”
- Click “Submit”
- widgets.wie is located within the demo folder once extracting the theme
- All widgets require IMPress for IDX Broker to be installed and activated first
- Install and activate the Widget Importer & Exporter plugin
- Click “Widget Importer & Exporter” in the sub-menu of “Tools”
- Click “Choose File”
- Select the widgets.wie file from within the demo folder
- Click “Import Widgets”
Activating IDX features
To activate the IDX features, you must have an IDX Broker account.
Once you have an account, install the IMPress for IDX Broker WordPress plugin and enter your IDX API key in the plugin settings. Also, ensure your Equity license key is entered in the Equity > License settings. Congratulations, you now have custom IDX widgets, Custom Wrappers, and more.