- Click Instant Articles in the WordPress Admin menu
- Click the “Get App ID” button to open the Facebook developer console then follow the instructions listed on that page to create the Facebook App:
- Click on the green ‘+ Add a New App’ button in the upper right corner of the page.
- If you are prompted to select a platform, select ‘basic setup.’ If you don’t see this prompt, don’t worry; just go directly to Step 3.
- Create an app name (it can be whatever you want it to be), input your email and select ‘Apps for Pages’ in the ‘Category’ dropdown menu. Click ‘Create App ID’ when you’re ready.
- Click on ‘Settings’ in the left nav bar.
- Click ‘+Add Platform’ at the bottom of the page and select ‘Website.’
- Under both the ‘App Domains’ in the main section and ‘Site URL’ in the ‘Website’ section, enter your site domain including the
- Click ‘Save Changes’ in the lower right corner.
- Select ‘Show’ to see your App Secret. Copy your App ID and App Secret and enter them to the right.
- Once you receive the App ID and Secret, copy and paste them into the fields and click Log In
- Once logged in, select the page you want to use for Instant Articles, and you’ll be prompted to sign the page up for access to Instant Articles. Click the Sign up link and you’ll be redirected to Facebook to select the page for access.
- Click Customize to optionally adjust the default style and upload a logo. When complete, close the window and go back to your WordPress site, then click Next.
- Click the “Submit for review” button to send your site feed to Facebook for review. Keep in mind you will need at least 5 recent articles before your site feed can be approved.
Once your feed has been approved, your Instant Articles will not automatically show on your Facebook Page feed, but they will be enabled or “published” by Facebook. To show them in your Facebook feed, just share your articles as you normally would using the URL of the article on your site.
If an article is not showing as a Facebook Instant Article, it may not be “published” by Facebook as such and you need to manually publish the article as an Instant Article.
- Login to Facebook and Edit your page, then click “Publishing Tools” at the top.
- On the next page, click “Production Articles” under the Instant Articles heading.
- You’ll see a list of articles Facebook has identified in your feed and their status. Select the checkbox next to the article that is not published, then click the Actions dropdown button and click Publish. Then share the link as you normally would.